Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mina Kitty Looking For Home (does Anyone Recommend An Adoption Site?)
Lightning-Strike Pet Loss Support Forum > Pet Loss Support > New Beginnings
EloosParents
Hello Everyone,

Ever since the passing of our little buddy Eloo last year, things have not been the same in our household. Shortly before his passing, we took in a mother kitty (Mina) and her 4 baby girls. We had them ALL spayed and given their shots. However, Axle, Eloo's brother has such animosity for Mina that I can only assume he thinks she has something to do with Eloo being gone. His behavior is so unlike him (he now pulls out his furr when he is angry and gives dirty looks). He attacks her and both of them are miserable around each other.

With hard thinking, we decided our best option would be to find Mina a new home. She is very laid back and would not be traumatized by a change. However, I am unsure where to put up adoption signs/posts. We live in a SUPER small town and have tried to adopt her out here, but we are just not in the right area I suppose (we are in the middle of nowhere to be honest). We would like to adopt Mina out to a VERY loving home. I chose to post here because the only people who are going to post here are those that truly love their babies. We love Mina, but also understand that she deserves better than Axles cranky bullcrap.

Mina is a GREAT cat! She is friendly, playful, talkative (she says "em k"), and gets along well with our other animals besides Axle. Axle is my 'heart' animal so him being upset with Mina after Eloo's passing has been EXTREMELY hard. His behavior is completely different and it saddens me to think of how things used to be when Eloo was here.

Mina is mostly an indoor kitty but she does like to go out in the mornings for a few to fetch things like lizards and such. She was spayed in 2008 and we have the records from that and her shots. The vet said she had a "BB" stuck in her tail and somewhere else, but said that as long as they did not bother her, there would be no reason to put her under to retrieve them. We found her when she BROUGHT her FOUR baby girls to our front porch. At the time we were in a temporary rental house before purchasing our current property. We took them in and tried to adopt them out as well, but as I stated, we are in a difficult area and I REFUSE to take kitties to the shelters if they need a home.

If anyone knows of a SAFE, LOVING place to post Mina's pic and information for adoption, please let me know. If any of you are interested, throw me an email at angelique@porphyrins.org and I will get back with you asap.

Angelique (Mama to Eloo, Axle, Perfecta, Haley, Tammy, Toni, LuLu, Judah, and Mamma Mina)

Ken Albin
Our group uses www.petfinder.com
What part of the country do yo live in?
EloosParents
We live in a small town of Arizona called Willcox, sort of out in the boonies you could say. We are willing to make arrangements like driving her within a certain mileage range, like 500-800 or something like that.

smile.gif

Thanks for asking smile.gif I forgot to mention that in my post smile.gif

Ang
Ken Albin
Considering your location I would definitely recommend www.petfinder.com They get a lot of interested traffic and it is free.
Good luck with your search and please do not do what so many do around here and dump the furkid at a shelter.

Another thought is that you can take a photo and make a one page writeup around to vets in the area. Most are very good about putting up information like this and a few will even actively help to locate a good home.

Ken Albin
EloosParents
QUOTE (EloosParents @ Sep 15 2009, 02:36 PM) *
We live in a small town of Arizona called Willcox, sort of out in the boonies you could say. We are willing to make arrangements like driving her within a certain mileage range, like 500-800 or something like that.

smile.gif

Thanks for asking smile.gif I forgot to mention that in my post smile.gif

Ang

Excellent!

I have been in touch with my local rescues and humane society and they did a listing for Mina on PetFinder for me. Until she is adopted, Mina is still part of the family and will not be taken to a shelter. smile.gif

Thanks for the idea!!!!!!

Angelique
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.